Sunday 18 January 2015

This Winter

This Winter I yearn for snow
for disarray snowman
to witness the agony,
for icicles to trickle gently
the heavenly soup
and drown my aged thirst,
for snow coated clothesline
to be the footbridge for birds.

This winter I dream of snow
of opaque white maples
to trade their auburn with alabaster
and to spell the rain of snow crumbs.
Of the bullion sun
to splatter its golden grime
on the snow crowned Mountains and roofs,
of sundown’s
to serve white nights
and the tales of unbridled slumber.

This winter I plead snow
to swathe the scarlet Jhelum
and sponge down its blood smudged shore.
To hide the crimson firmament
in the shroud of clouds,
to conceal the perished graves
to pray for demised ones
and bring soothe to living corpses.

This winter I witness the Jhelum
flowing in the opposite trend
falling and craving for snow to come and raise it.
I witness mountains and maples
shrieking and longing for snow as well
surrendering before sun and the sheen it serves.
I witness birds down in the dumps
moping around,
from tree to tree, from bough to bough.
I witness my heart and eyes from the attic
mourning in a deep grievance,
making yen of watching the world to turn into heaven.
I witness my pen bleeding and urging snow anew
through silent words and emotions
oh! Snow fall and attire,
my valley is naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment