Tuesday 4 February 2014

Hanging*

After the breaking of dawn
surreptitiously I was clutched
from the quod to my last journey.
In the haste I bid an adieu to Omni mate
to those surly walls I’ve spent a decade with
I recite the holy verse of Quran and Liven up myself.
They bestow me with a pen & paper
on the betimes solicit of mine.
As I want to jot; jot down for my kindred’s
for my amigos and for my land.
A far & wide from me; but as close as breathes are
For awhile I closed my eyes to overcome the calamity
and here I find myself amidst of kinfolks
having the sips of non-chai  & colloquies
wrapping KANGRI [fire-pot] beneath the PHERAN [cashmere cloak]
To keep the winter chill at bay.
In the midst of scene, I went out on the razzle
I roam along the rivulet of my orchard
where birds utter mellifluously, creeks sing seamlessly and flowers fascinate.
In the interim, I harked the chuckles of “ Ghalib ”
I saw him lounging towards his BABA
and “ Tabbasum ” was in ecstasy – she had been depriving of
I reminisced the time of fetes I entertained with comrades
I see long queues of folks outside my home
tarrying for my arrival & my home is festooned in Toto,
I ope my eyes as I felt the jerk of men
& I summed up my entire life in sojourned yore,
They took me to my last journey of yards
The walls of courtyard carry a soggy look
They were groaning, moaning & sobbing
In the loss of their durable companion.
The hands of clock are ticking swift
my hands are tied to my back
An I saw a snare of white rope – dangling ahead of my eyes
Subitary they attired my head with a black grab – I never used to
In the serene atmosphere I heard the ticking of clock
obvio. I was living the last tick-tocks of life
I felt the snare on my neck
my heart starts to throb hastily,
the man pulled the lever
and I am hanged…

No comments:

Post a Comment